TORMEK INTRODUCES NEXT GENERATION OF GOUGE JIG THE SVD-186
SVD-186 delivers superior edge, full control and exact replication to sharpen woodturning gouges to razor fine results
TROY, Mich. – February, 2016 – Tormek of Sweden, the company setting the standard in innovative sharpening systems since 1973, announced the launch of the SVD-186, a further development of its popular gouge jig SVD-185. Designed to be used with Tormek's tool-sharpening system, the patented Tormek SVD-186 shapes and sharpens woodcarving tools, such as curved gouges and V-tools.
Product Features and Improvements:
- The SVD-186 now fits up to 36 mm (1-3/8”) wide tools, compared with its predecessor that handled 25 mm (1”).
- The new jig also has an improved locking disc, which greatly simplifies the fixing of gouges of all sizes; an upgrade requested by many users.
- SVD-186 has a shortened lower sleeve that facilitates an improved working with Tormek’s smaller machine models T-4 and T-3.
- The simple and precise click setting with a locking screw ensures a fixed position, so an Allen Key is no longer needed when setting the jig.
- Better handles wider tools.
“The Tormek SVD-186 gauge jig maintains your tool’s exact shape and creates a perfect sharpened, honed edge,” said Todd Gluski, Marketing Brand Manager of Tormek’s North American exclusive distributor, Affinity Tool Works. “Used correctly, there is no alternative method that gives faster or sharper results.”
The SVD-186 retails for $97.00, visit www.tormekus.com to find participating dealers and retailers.
To locate a dealer or retailer for all Affinity Tool Works brands, visit www.preprod.affinitytool.com/blog.