TORMEK UNVEILS T-8 SHARPENING SYSTEM DELIVERING MAXIMUM PRECISION AND STABILITY
Revolutionary fully cast housing, updated design and upgraded details, the Tormek T-8 offers the best conditions possible for successful sharpening with top results
TROY, Mich. May 10, 2016 – Tormek of Sweden, the company setting the standard in innovative sharpening systems since 1973, announced the launch of the highly anticipated next generation T-8 Sharpening System. The newly designed T-8, ideal for sharpening hand tools, knives, scissors, woodturning and woodcarving tools, was developed to take precision and stability to a new level. It also comes with the new and improved SE-77 Square Edge Jig, which is optimal for creating a cambered shape on plane irons.
“Tormek has worked hard on its next generation sharpening system to develop a product that gives an enhanced sharpening experience and control over the final result,” said Todd Gluski, Marketing Brand Manager of Tormek’s North American exclusive distributor, Affinity Tool Works. “With an updated design and all the upgraded details, the T-8 makes sharpening easy and efficient.”
Product Features & Improvements:
- The Universal Support is the heart of the Tormek system. On the new T-8 model, Tormek has integrated the previous mounted sleeves for the Universal Support into the fully cast housing, guaranteeing minimal play for the Universal Support, an innovation which improves the control of the sharpening and increases the accuracy of the final results.
- Tormek’s innovative and characteristic drive system maintains a constant speed, even under full load, which is unique to all Tormek’s machine models.
- The Advanced Water Trough has been further improved with a screw lift for an easier fitting and a magnetic scraper for efficient cleaning.
- With the Tormek Original Grindstone, the user can sharpen all qualities of steel, including High Speed Steel (HSS).
- The SE-77 upgraded jig for square edge tools now has a movable side that allows for a fine adjustment to the setting, which ensures a 90 degree corner or the possibility to create a cambered shape.
Included with the Tormek T-8: SE-77 Square Edge Jig, TT-50 Truing Tool, SP-650 Stone Grader, WM-200 AngleMaster, PA-70 Honing Compound, Tormek Handbook and DVD.
The Tormek T-8 has a $699.99 MSRP and will be available in select woodworking locations and online retailers in mid June 2016. It is distributed exclusively by Affinity Tool Works, LLC, based in Troy, Mich. visit www.tormekus.com to find participating dealers and retailers.